Monday, May 19, 2014

Time to say Goodbye

I'm not saying goodbye to this blog. I believe that I still have a lot to say and share. However....



Robert Peter Pasini - Sept 20,1945 - May 5, 2014

Robert Peter Pasini passed away on Monday May 5th, 2014 and has been freed from the torment of a decaying body that had trapped the most amazing man and husband.

This notice was delayed due to all the chaos of the last two weeks. We had family arriving, a memorial in Spokane and then we traveled down to Calif to bury him. If I have not contacted you prior to this I appologize. There was a point where there was just too much to do or more than I could cope with and I just had to let go and catch up later. There are those here that read this blog and I want you to know you are no less precious to me, so please forgive me.

I am doing as well as can be expected. I have been surrounded by family. Sunday they released me to my new normal and watched me climb into my van with a trailer full of our original furniture to take back to Spokane with me. I was a little cautious. Even though I had pulled a 33 foot sailboat behind our truck years ago it was the first time I was on my own. This will be the first time I have ever lived on my own, I think I can do this and I have a trusty sidekick named Suzette to hug and lick my elbow when I get lonely or sad.

Suzette and I arrived home safely and we have gone about our business settling in to this new life shedding tears now and again. He was my best friend and partner in crime. He leaves a huge hole in my world,  but while he was here he filled it with Joy, Laughter, Adventure, Courage and Hope.

He made a date with me. He told me that when I arrive in Eternity that I was to find the Sheep Gate in the New Jerusalem, he would be waiting for me there. I believe that he will.

Through out all of this God has been amazing. As Bob was going to the hospital He told me I could trusted Him with Bob's life, both in the here and now and in his life to come in Eternity. As I crossed the border into Washington he greeted me with a rainbow - I sobbed buckets. Then when I was crossing the Spokane County line I was greeted with a double rainbow. My God has made a promise, he will always be with me and I can and will navigate this new path I am on.

For now it's time to say goodbye. Farewell my love - Fair winds and a following sea.




1 comment:

  1. Susan - Katie (your former OZ Fitness trainer/torturer) here. I was thinking about you today and had some time to catch up on your blog. I am so truly sorry for your loss. You are such a strong, wonderful person. You have given so much of yourself to everyone around you and have made their lives so much brighter. You are an inspiration! You are in my thoughts...

    ReplyDelete